Values and Ethos
“To value children as individuals, promote their confidence and their excitement in
- We aim to provide high quality education for all children whatever their age, gender, ethnicity, attainment and background.
- We aim to provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment where all children are valued and respected.
- We aim to promote the development of positive self-esteem and well-being.
- We aim to ensure all children have quality play experiences both in and out doors and to promote a broad and balanced curriculum.
- We aim to establish effective parent /carer partnerships.
- We aim to provide a curriculum, which will underpin all future learning by supporting, fostering, promoting and developing children’s – Personal, Social and Emotional Well Being, Positive attitudes and Dispositions towards their learning, Social Skills,Attention Skills and Persistence, Language and Communication, Early Reading and Writing Skills, Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy, Understanding the World, Physical Development and Creativity.
How We Achieve the Aims
- Staff understand the stages of child development and the importance of self-esteem and resilient
- Staff who develop reflective practice, which enables children to achieve success and happiness
- By ensuring staff training is continuously updated with a strong focus on the children’s communication and language development
- By building on children’s existing knowledge and experience
- By providing first hand experiences which excite, interest and challenge the child’s learning
- Staff value and nurture children’s curiosity, creativity and desire to make sense of the world, giving time for their thoughts and ideas, and value to their work, their conversations and their feelings.
- By providing inspirational and open-ended play opportunities
- Providing stimulating and creating learning and problem solving opportunities
- Planning curriculum appropriate to the needs of each child allowing for progression and development
- Adult initiated activities in small and large groups
- Building a partnership relationship with parents and carers
- Recording and assessment of each child’s progress
- By supporting the children in making the transition to the next phase of their education with enthusiasm and confidence
- By being committed to the Rights Respecting School Award, Values Education, Eco and Healthy ethos and British Values