Values and Ethos
“To value children as individuals, promote their confidence and their excitement in
- We aim to provide high quality education for all children whatever their age, gender, ethnicity, attainment and background.
- We aim to provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment where all children are valued and respected.
- We aim to promote the development of positive self-esteem and well-being.
- We aim to ensure all children have quality play experiences both in and out doors and to promote a broad and balanced curriculum.
- We aim to establish effective parent /carer partnerships.
- We aim to provide a curriculum, which will underpin all future learning by supporting, fostering, promoting and developing children’s – Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language, Physical Development, Literacy, Mathematical Development, Understanding the World and Expressive Arts and Design.
How We Achieve the Aims:
- Staff understand the stages of child development and the importance of self-esteem and resilience
- Staff who develop reflective practice enabling children to achieve their full potential
- Continuous staff professional development with a strong focus on the children’s communication and language development
- Building on children’s existing knowledge and experience
- Providing first hand experiences which excite, interest and challenge the child’s learning
- Staff value and nurture children’s curiosity, creativity and desire to make sense of the world, giving time for their thoughts and ideas, and value to their work, conversations and feelings.
- Providing inspirational and open-ended play opportunities
- Providing stimulating and creative learning and problem solving opportunities
- Designing a curriculum appropriate to the needs of each child, to ensure positive outcomes for all children
- Adult initiated activities in small and large groups
- Building a partnership with parents and carers
- Recording and assessment of each child’s progress and to identify next steps
- Supporting children in making the transition to the next phase of their education with enthusiasm and confidence
- A commitment to the Rights of the Child, our Values Education, and upholding British Values
- Embedding a Healthy Schools Ethos and further developing our Green Flag Eco School status