Welcome to our Eco Page
We have already been gained the Bronze and Silver Eco School Awards and now have the Green Flag.
Green Flag Criteria:
- The school has identified an Action Team which has met on at least six occasions. The Action Team has the support of a parents, staff and the wider community. The centre has completed a formal Environmental Review, recorded the results and undertaken a follow up review.
- The Action Team has produced a detailed Action Plan, including timescales and targets, we have shared the plan with the whole centre and updated it based upon the follow up review.
- The school has identified progress towards achieving most targets in the Action Plan.
- The school has obtained physical evidence of their progress, this can include photographs, activity sheets etc.
- The centre has identified substantial progress towards one large scale project and indicated involvement with two others.
- The school has a prominent, designated notice board, web pages or newsletter which details Eco-Schools activities. Eco-Schools activities are reported in management meetings, as well as being regularly communicated to parents and the wider community.
- An Eco Code has been agreed, adopted and displayed.
- Good practice is shared with other centres who wish to join the Eco-Schools programme.
The children have developed an awareness of environmental issues and this is reflected in the curriculum.
The children have been planting in the nursery and at the park.
Many thanks to the Friends of Kings Norton Nature Reserve who have worked with us and to the local Allotment who use our recycled fruit waste.
The Eco Group are involved in the activities the school takes part in.